Let’s pit designer against designer in a cage-match fight to the death! OK, it’s not that gruesome, but who doesn’t love a little competition where we get to be the judge, instead of some stuffy academy. Here are nine of the most prolific frock flick designers for you to chose from. We’ve narrowed it down to only still-living costume designers who work on films and have been active in the past 30 years. Later, you can vote on classic-era costume designers and TV costume designers!
Need a reminder of who’s who? Check our archives as you vote…
- James Acheson (Restoration, Dangerous Liaisons, The Last Emperor)
- Colleen Atwood (Chicago, Sleepy Hollow, Little Women)
- Jenny Beavan (Gosford Park, Jane Eyre, Ever After)
- Alexandra Byrne (Mary Queen of Scots, Murder on the Orient Express, Elizabeth)
- Milena Canonero (Marie Antoinette, The Affair of the Necklace, Out of Africa)
- Jacqueline Durran (Darkest Hour, Anna Karenina, Pride & Prejudice)
- Michael O’Connor (Tulip Fever, The Duchess, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day)
- Gabriella Pescucci (Van Helsing, Dangerous Beauty, The Age of Innocence)
- Sandy Powell (The Favourite, The Young Victoria, The Aviator)
Why’d you vote for your fave? Who’d we leave off the list?