Do you dream about a big Tudor outfit for yourself or a well-deserving friend? Frock Flicks has partnered with Dr. Jane Malcom-Davies and Ninya Mikhaila of The Tudor Tailor to help those dreams come true! The Tudor Tailor has generously offered up a copy of each of their two popular case studies by researcher and Tudor clothing expert Caroline Johnson, The King’s Servants and The Queen’s Servants, as a grand prize for this contest.
You may have heard us mention these titles a time or two in our Wolf Hall podcast … That’s because these are the best books on the market for how to go about making the clothing of the people who served Henry VIII, from his trusted advisors, like Thomas Cromwell, to the men and women who looked after the care of his vast estates. Each book is packed with primary source documentation on fabric, dyes, fastenings, headgear — everything to outfit the Tudor gentleman or gentlewoman from head to toe!
Are you excited yet? Are you wondering how you can participate and possibly win these two books as the grand prize of our competition? Well, here’s how:
- Start today! Our contest runs from May 11 to 18, 2015.
- Research! Find an image of your dream Tudor outfit from the duration of Henry VIII’s reign (1509 to 1547).
- Write a brief description of the image and why it inspires you.
- Post the image and the description to the Frock Flicks Facebook Page or tag us on Twitter at @FrockFlicks.
- The Tudor Tailor and Frock Flicks will convene to determine the winners in a Very Serious Ceremony with candles and maybe even a blood sacrifice or two.
- On June 1, 2015, we will announce the grand prize and runner up winners on our social media!